Overlooking the central plain of Laois, the ruined church of Dysart Enos was abandoned in 1844 a full millennium after a hermitage was founded there by St Aengus of Tallaght, giving the place the name Díseart Oengheasa. The ruin consists of a tower, possibly dating to the sixteenth century, and an eighteenth-century nave, all now in fragile condition. With funding from Laois Partnership Lotts Architecture have prepared a conservation report and a set of tender documents for the conservation of the masonry ruin, including the reconstruction of the tower profile based on analysis of surviving sections. It is hoped to complete the necessary works with further funding from Leader once the new programme commences.
Lotts Architecture and Urbanism
South William Street
Tel/Fax: +353 (0) 1 6771006
Email: Click Here