Built c.1840 the Market House was converted soon after to a private dwelling and served as the Catholic parochial house from 1867. It is an key feature of the architectural landscape of Dunleer and holds an important place in the social history of the community. In 2013 the DCDB gained possession of the building and attendant stable block on lease from Louth County Council, and with funding from Louth Leader Partnership and Glen Dimplex Ltd, both buildings were fully restored to conservation standard, and adapted for use as a Community Resource Centre. The restoration project has returned the building and site to civic use as an amenity to a variety of community organisations (Lead consultant: Wherity Building Surveyors).
Lotts Architecture and Urbanism
South William Street
Tel/Fax: +353 (0) 1 6771006
Email: Click Here